As overweight is very much harmful to health like that underweight is also dangerous. Therefore, people of all ages need to maintain a proper weight according to their gender, age, and height. You can check your ideal weight with the help of a BMI calculator.
So this article is about exercises to gain weight for a beginner. Weight gain is not possible if any of them is not done correctly. Besides workouts, well-maintained food should also be taken.
Go through the whole article to know all the key instructions. After that, you can merely gain some extra pounds without the help of a trainer.
What is weight gain exercise?
Weight gain exercises are done mostly by skinny people to gain muscle in their arms, legs, and shoulders. Many people do not have a good body structure due to less weight. As a result, they feel shame for their body physique.
Therefore it became essential for them to gain some weight to look attractive and confident. There are many tips to gain weight for the beginner. It would be beneficial if they intake more calories than the proper amount in a day.
They also need to contact a gym trainer because a trainer knows the complete procedure to gain weight.
How is weight gain exercises different from regular physical exercises?
There are some differences between weight gain exercises and regular physical exercises. Weight gain exercises are done to gain weight, whereas the daily physical workouts are significant to remain fit and strong.
Both skinny and healthy people can do physical exercises, but healthy people do not need to do weight gain exercises as it is essential for them to lose their extra pounds.
Also, it is required to carry heavyweights to gain weight, according to his instructor. On the other hand, weight lift is not a part of physical exercises and, instead, healthy people need to do yoga and aerobics.
Exercises to gain weight
There are different forms of exercises to gain weight in various parts of your body. Someone might want to gain weight on arms, and others might want to gain weight on legs.
It is not possible to gain weight only by having more calories. Instead, it might result in you to obese. So the most effective way is to take the help of an instructor who is an expert in this.
Commonly, you do not have heavy instruments in your house. So you need to join a gym to get your perfect body structure.
So the definite exercises that are required to gain weight in different parts of your body are given below:
How to gain weight on your arms?
Biceps, triceps, and shoulders are the part of your arm. You should target those parts to increase muscles in your arm. So the specific workouts to build your arms are as follows:
- Do push-ups. Start with 5 to 10 but not more than that. Because if you give more pressure for the first time, you might feel pain in your ligaments. To increase the number gradually, not at a time.
- Try full plank. As it requires total balance and pressure on your arms, it will help your arm grow strong. For beginners, it is recommended to do 1 minute initially, and slowly, you can increase it up to 20 to 30 minutes.
- The bicep curl is a useful exercise to tone up and build your muscles. Start with 2.5 kg to avoid any physical issues. You will need to hold the weight and curl your hands up to the shoulders. Once you become an expert, you can carry up to 20 kgs without any issues.
- To build the shoulder, raise the weight upward. Start by doing 10 reps on each side but with low weight.
- Riding rope is another form of the best exercise to grow your arm muscles. You should bend a little bit and hold the two strings tightly by both your hands like riding a horse. Ride the ropes at a time for about 1 minute as you are a beginner.
How to gain weight on your legs?
If someone only tones up their arms but not legs, it will look like they suffer from malnutrition. So besides building up your arm, it is vital to look on your legs also. So the definite exercises through which you can gain some weight on your legs are discussed below:
- Squats are performed to make the legs strong and to increase muscle in it. Stand up and wide your legs. Slowly bend your legs like if you are sitting down. But do not sit down and hold your legs in that position for about 5 seconds and then again stand up. Remember to keep your upper leg parallel to the ground and torso straight. Repeat the process for about 20 to 30 times.
- Now it is time to make some lunges. First, put your hand on the stomach muscle. Step forward your right leg, as if you will start walking and put your knee to the ground. Again stand up and come back to the initial position. Do the same with your opposite leg. Repeat it also for 20 to 30 times.
- For the next one, you will need a leg press Sit on the instrument and adjust the weight on both of your legs. For beginners, it is better to start with a maximum of 5 kgs. Lift your legs with the load. Repeat it as much as you can. You can also try it by laying on the equipment and placing the weight on the calf.
Workout Routine To Gain Weight
It is not necessary to do workout 7 days a week, especially if you are a beginner. Our body also needs some rest. So it is better to exercise 5 to 6 days a week.
It is enough if you give 2 to 3 hours in the gym. Try to set the gym time in the evening after finishing all your works. As a result, it will provide you a comfortable sleep at night, which is very much important.
Always start your workout with some freehand exercises as it will help to warm you up. Warm-up is a must to make the training effective. After that, you can go for weight lifting exercises.
Do not drink water in the middle of the weight lifting exercises and exhale air with the nose instead of the mouth.
Foods to Gain Weight Naturally
Exercises alone cannot help you to gain weight. You also need to eat healthy food to gain weight. A man has to intake 2500 calories per day. But if someone is too skinny, then he can intake up to 3000 calories per day.
For an effective and balanced weight gain food routine, it is essential to take the help of an expert nutritionist. He can suggest a complete food chart that is to be maintained throughout the whole day.
A non-healthy person should take more healthy carbohydrates and protein foods like egg, chicken, fish, milk, vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, and nuts. They also should avoid junk foods as these will not give a healthy weight. But there can be a cheat day once a week to have all our favorite foods in a limited amount.
How to Divide Your Foods Throughout the Whole Day?
Generally, we take food three times a day; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But it will be best if the three times are break down into six times. It is possible when the foods are divided into small meals.
Start your breakfast at around 8 AM by having high-calorie foods like milk, egg, banana, and brown bread. These foods will give you energy for the maximum time. Have your second meal at 11 AM with fruit like green apple.
Lunch should be taken at 2 PM, and dinner at 8 PM. In between this time, you can have a snack before your exercise and another after your gym. Remember, this has been divided so that you do not feel hungry and can have 3000 calories in a day.
Supplements to Get Healthy Weight
There are many branded supplements found in the market. Your trainer will suggest that after you join the gym. You cannot buy it according to your own choice.
It is very much fundamental as it will give you enough energy to work out. Your body will need some extra support to lift those heavyweights. With the help of supplements, you will get that additional support.
You can also make your energy drink in the kitchen with the help of some ingredients that are easily found. All you will need are-
- A large size banana
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 3 liter whole milk
- 100 gram oats
- 2 scoops of whey protein powder
Blend all the ingredients, and your energy drink is ready. Do not try to add sugar to it. So this is made of entirely natural components and safe for having rather than a processed supplement.
So from the above tips and tricks, it is clear about the exercises to gain weight for a beginner. Not only can the beginners follow these but also a person who is continuing workout and still looking for a way to gain weight can follow this.
Additionally, information about healthy foods and its intake procedure is also discussed in this article. If you do not have a healthy weight according to your age and height, it is high time to change your lifestyle.
Therefore read all the above information to get motivated and start the workout as soon as possible because better projects should not be delayed.